Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweetness

My sweet husband pulled off a sweet little early 3oth birthday luncheon with my sweet friends for me today. He obviously knows me so well because he had it planned out so perfectly. About a month ago, I told him that I did not want him to throw me a surprise party ... I just didn't want all of our friends to have to get babysitters and have a big night out. So, he planned this party at Richland on a Thursday while they have childcare, so my friends just had to drop their kids off downstairs. Oh, and even better for me, he came home and kept our 3, so I didn't have to lug them all there ... it truly was a very freeing feeling just up and leaving and getting to go out to lunch. I see these girls ALL the time, but we almost ALWAYS have our kids with us, so it was nice to be dressed up, have a leisurely lunch, and have uninterupted conversations. Oh, and another thing that made this so wonderful was that within 10 minutes of me getting home I got to put all 3 boys down for their naps :) It has been a very sweet day, and I have felt very loved by my husband for putting this together and my friends for making the time and effort to be with me. God is so good to me for putting these Godly women in my life to raise kids (mostly boys) together AND especially for the amazing husband he has given me to be my true companion in life. Thanks Kev - I love you more than words can express!!
Margie, Emily, Stacey, me, Courtney, Devon, and Katherine ... we missed you Marti and Lauren

2 comments:

Robin said...

How fun! Good job Kevin :) wish I could celebrate with you too!!

Unknown said...

Wish I could've been there to celebrate you too! Kevin did well. Happy 30th Shellye!