Thursday, April 23, 2009

Allergic Reaction and Ultrasound

I made Graham his first peanut butter and jelly sandwich earlier this week, and it did not go so well. Within 2-3 minutes after eating a very small amount, he started sneezing and welts were all over his face, arms, and legs. His eyes were watering terribly, too. We jumped in the car to get some Benadryl (Graham was wailing all the way) and it worked its magic. So, a word to all of you moms out there, make sure you have Benadryl in the house before you give your child peanut butter for the first time :) He's fine and has had no more symptoms ... I guess we'll just steer clear of peanut butter ... BUMMER!!
I had my mid-way ultrasound today and all looked good with both Baby A and Baby B. Much to the dismay of many friends and family we did not find out the sexes ... you'll just have to hold out another 4ish months!! Baby A was much calmer and more cooperative for all of the pictures than Baby B. At one point I saw Baby B's foot and I asked, "Is that touching its head?" and the sonogramer informed me that it was touching Baby A's head :) Baby A measured 10 oz. and Baby B 8 oz. which is fine for now, but my doctor wants to continually watch their growth to make sure the discrepancy doesn't increase. I'm feeling lots of movement lately but I can't distinguish one from the other yet. We'll keep you posted!!




1 comment:

Robin said...

Poor Graham- he looks pitiful. Love the ultrasound pic. So cute!